[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89237] History for ref: Parsing errors

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 11 11:36:30 MDT 2019

Good morning Julie;

I hope everything has been going well for you.

So far, I have not been able to properly execute
"track and intensity" for extratropical cyclones.
While trying to get METPLUS_8 working, I have
been getting the following types of error:

metplus (config_launcher.py:171) INFO: /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/EXTROPICAL.1/METplus-2.0/parm/slilly.system.conf.theia: Plan to parse this conf file

metplus (config_launcher.py:195) INFO: Conf input: '/scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/EXTROPICAL.1/METplus-2.0/parm/metplus_config/metplus_data.conf'

Using:
master_metplus.py -c /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/METPLUS/METplus/parm/use_cases/track_and_intensity/track_and_intensity.conf -c /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/EXTROPICAL.1/METplus-2.0/parm/slilly.system.conf.theia

Question: Do you think the problem lies with "silly.system.conf.theia" trying to
"override/fill-in" keywords in **.config files?
ie:  met_config
       proj =
  in slilly.system.conf.theia
      proj = /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/METPLUS

now when I execute
master_metplus.py -c /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/METPLUS/METplus/parm/use_cases/track_and_intensity/track_and_intensity.conf -c /scratch4/NCEPDEV/stmp3/Steven.Lilly/EXTROPICAL.1/METplus-2.0/parm/slilly.system.conf.theia

 proj in "met_config" proj is now define. Right?

Question 2:
 proj = {proj}
 proj = ${proj}
 proj = "${proj}"
 proj = ["proj"];

Please help me get this conversion ( from 6 to 8.0) working?

Thanks,
Steve
What are the differences (if any) in the manner in proj is defined?

Hi Steve.  It looks like I was able to successfully submit this to
met_help.  I hope to reply with more information tomorrow morning.