[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89445] History for python embedding

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 5 08:46:35 MDT 2019

Following the NRL 10-meter winds speed example here:

Plot binary NRL 10-meter wind speed:
plot_data_plane PYTHON_NUMPY
<https://dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/python_scripts/wind_z10.png>
wind_z10.ps'name="
<https://dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/python_scripts/read_NRL_binary.py>
read_NRL_binary.py
<https://dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/python_scripts/wndspd_zht_0010.0_0
000.0_glob360x181_2016122412_01200000_fcstfld>
wndspd_zht_0010.0_0000.0_glob360x181_2016122412_01200000_fcstfld";

Is it possible to use python embedding to pass data to grid_stat, etc?  I
have only been able to get this to work with plot_data_plane.

Liz

Elizabeth Satterfield
Editor, Monthly Weather Review

Chair, AMS Committee on Probability and Statistics

Meteorologist, Code 7531
Marine Meteorology Division
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T 831.656.4056  F 831.656.4026
 <http://www.nrl.navy.mil/> www.nrl.navy.mil

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY - PRIVACY SENSITIVE
Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal
penalties.