[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89605] History for questions on PB2NCConfig and PointStatConfig

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 5 08:45:48 MDT 2019

I have a question on the "obs_window" for both PB2NCConfig & PointStatConfig.
I made a mistake on the "obs_window" in PB2NCConfig by putting -5400 & 5400.
It ended up with only 3 hours obs data being processed. As a result, all obs values in the MPR files are the same.
I found this bug and re-generated all obs files with the "obs_window" = -24*60*60 & 24*60*60.
My question is when I run point_stat, do I have to set the "obs_window" = -24*60*60 & 24*60*60?
Is it matter if I set the "obs_window" = -12*60*60 & 12*60*60? Will it change the MPR result?
If so, why they are different? Which one the correct one?
Thank you for help.