[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86849] History for Question on using Point_Stat with already matched paired file

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 6 12:52:28 MDT 2018

I have acquired a new ASCAT file that already contains matched pairs of
surface wind speed with the GFS that have been time and spatially
interpolated (resolution of 3 minute time steps).  These are in a single
file, that could first be read in using python.

Can I use this single file to generate the statistics that Point_Stat gives
me, since this requires a point file and a gridded file?  Would a different
MET tool work better?

Thanks!

Roz

--