[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85265] History for pb2nc: Can't Find netCDF library

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue May 22 13:56:37 MDT 2018

Greetings,

I am trying to convert several URMA prepbufr files to netCDF using pb2nc,
this is all to run verification with a mask file over urban vs. rural areas.

I am running pb2nc on theia using met version 6.1, but when attempting to
do so I get the following error message:
pb2nc: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.6: cannot open

I am running, for now, using the default config file available from the met
tutorial website.

I can see on theia that the netCDF module is loaded, it is loaded as part
of the met v6.1 module.  I don't see anything in the config file to point
to the netCDF library.

I am fairly new to met and get the feeling I am missing something fairly
obvious here...how do I configure pb2nc to find the netCDF library?

Thanks,
Steve Levine (EMC)