[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84897] History for PB2NC test failing with MET7.0 build

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 2 10:02:51 MDT 2018

I have built MET7.0 without any apparent compile errors.  However, the tests fail when running pb2nc.  The portion of the output from the "make test" is listed below.  I have built with and without the -disable-block4 configure option and I get the same result.  The pb2nc executables built with and without the -disable-block4 configure option are the same size, but are not identical.

I built MET and the bufr library under Linux x86_64, PGI compilers 15.7 (FORTRAN, C, C++).  The configure statement was:

./configure CFLAGS="-D__64BIT__" --prefix=/..../king/met-7.0
...or...
./configure CFLAGS="-D__64BIT__" --disable-block4 --prefix=/...../king/met-7.0

----- Output from the "make test"  ------------
*** Running PB2NC on a PREPBUFR file ***
../src/tools/other/pb2nc/pb2nc \
        ../data/sample_obs/prepbufr/ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.20070401.nr \
        ../out/pb2nc/sample_pb.nc \
        config/PB2NCConfig_G212 \
        -v 2
DEBUG 1: Default Config File: /...../met-7.0/share/met/config/PB2NCConfig_default
DEBUG 1: User Config File: config/PB2NCConfig_G212
DEBUG 1: Creating NetCDF File:          ../out/pb2nc/sample_pb.nc
DEBUG 1: Pre-processing BUFR File for variable names from ../data/sample_obs/prepbufr/ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.20070401.nr
DEBUG 1: process_pbfile_metadata() -> the number of records: 0
WARNING:
WARNING: process_pbfile_metadata() -> No Bufr messages to process in file: ../data/sample_obs/prepbufr/ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.20070401.nr
WARNING:
DEBUG 1: Processing Bufr File:  ../data/sample_obs/prepbufr/ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.20070401.nr
DEBUG 1: Blocking Bufr file to: /tmp/tmp_pb2nc_blk_9124_0
WARNING:
WARNING: process_pbfile() -> No Bufr messages to process in file: ../data/sample_obs/prepbufr/ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.20070401.nr
WARNING:
ERROR  :
ERROR  : write_netcdf_hdr_data() -> No PrepBufr messages retained.  Nothing to write.
ERROR  :
make[1]: *** [pb2nc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/..... /met-7.0/scripts'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Please let me know what additional information I need to provide.

Stephen Masters
Senior Staff Scientist

321-775-7548 (o)
321-254-3293 (f)
4849 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32940
www.ensco.com<http://www.ensco.com/>

[ENSCO, Inc.]
Innovation. Collaboration. Solutions. Success.

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email at the above referenced address and note that any further dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and their regulations -- including the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from this email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.