[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84936] History for MODE able to run one netcdf file, but not the other

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 2 10:02:34 MDT 2018

I'm attempting to run MODE on a file called
remap_geocatL1.GOES-16.CONUS.2017136.000030.nc, but I'm getting the
following output (from the top of the file):

DEBUG 1: Default Config File:
/home/sarahm/met-5.0_update/share/met/config/MODEConfig_default
DEBUG 1: Match Config File: /home/sarahm/JTTI/mode_config_file
DEBUG 1: Merge Config File: /home/sarahm/JTTI/mode_config_file
DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new
Met2dDataFile object of type "FileType_NcMet".
NetCDF: Attribute not found

I have a similar file hrrr_grid_test.nc that has been remapped to a
different grid, and MODE runs on it just fine. Other than the fact that
these files are a different grid, I can't find the difference between
the variables in the file that works and the variables in the file that
doesn't work. Is there an obvious difference that I am missing? Thanks.

Have a great day!
Sarah

Sarah M. Griffin
Associate Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies / SSEC UW-Madison
1225 W Dayton St. Rm 243
Madison, WI 53706
sarah.griffin at ssec.wisc.edu
(608) 262-0986