[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86346] History for tc_pairs for multiple storms

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:55:57 MDT 2018

I had run tc_pairs for individual storms. Now, I will like to combine all
the storms and created a track error figure from all of them.

Each individual storm have their own "aal.dat" and "bal.dat" filles as well
as the "tcst". Each storm is initialized on different days staring on 0z or
12z  with a lead time forecast of 120 hours.

Attempting on this, I combined all the ".tcst" into one (using "cat"
command) and did the plot using the new file with all the storms in it.

I had also tried using the configure file to create the ".tcst" with all
the storms in there.  Since I have multiple "aal.dat" and "bal.dat" files I
tried *.dat and specified the storm names in the configure file.

This is the command I ran attempting this:
tc_pairs -adeck
/mnt/lfs3/projects/gsd-fv3-hfip/Keren.Rosado/MET/data_Matthew_GF/tutorial/tc_data/aal*.dat
-bdeck
/mnt/lfs3/projects/gsd-fv3-hfip/Keren.Rosado/MET/data_Matthew_GF/tutorial/tc_data/bal*
-config
/mnt/lfs3/projects/gsd-fv3-hfip/Keren.Rosado/MET/tutorial_Matthew_GF/config/TCPairsConfig
-out
/mnt/lfs3/projects/gsd-fv3-hfip/Keren.Rosado/MET/tutorial_Matthew_GF/out/tc_pairs/tc_pairs_test

This approach also give me exactly the same results.

Are this two approaches correct to do what I want ? or is there another way
of doing it?

Thanks,

Keren