[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86526] History for Does GSS have thresod

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 8 15:49:51 MDT 2018

Hi All,

     I find my GSS result only have one value, but bases on dichtomous, it is calculated based on thresold. Do you know the reason of it?

    Thank you!

Mandy

Subject: Does GSS have thresod
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Wed Aug 08 14:50:50 2018

Mandy,

You'll need to be a bit more specific.  Yes, the GSS statistic is
computed
based on a threshold.  It is also know as the Equitable Threat Score
(ETS).  The GSS statistic shows up in both the CTS and NBRCTS line
types.
Which of these line types are you asking about?

Ultimately, the GSS (and all the other CTS statistics) are computed
from
the contingency table counts in the CTC line type.  If two thresholds
result in the same CTC counts, then you'll get the same CTS
statistics.

John

From: Zhang, Mandy
Time: Wed Aug 08 15:12:01 2018

Hi John,

     Sorry, at that time I only check the result of stat_analysis, and
it shows one value. I don't know if my set is right?

      -job aggregate_stat -line_type CTC -out_line_type CTS -fcst_var
APCP -fcst_lev A1 -interp_mthd NEAREST

     And the results from grid_stat is as we espected, each value
corresponding to one thresold.

     Thank you!