[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81887] History for question on masking

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 6 11:50:17 MDT 2017

Is there a way to mask a region on the fly, after you've created
point_stat_* files?  For example, I have a cronjob that uses PB2NC to
create netCDF files, then, uses POINT_STAT to create files that have
several domains (global, North Atlantic and North Pacific).  Is there a way
to take the output from POINT_STAT and zoom in on a region, say, the
Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico, and get specific stats for a smaller lat/lon
box on the fly?  Or, do you have to rerun POINT_STAT, using a separate
mask, and call that from your config file?

Roz

--
Rosalyn MacCracken
Support Scientist