[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82438] History for Error with MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 23 12:54:17 MDT 2017

I am running MET Mode tool on observation and precipitation files. I
noticed this one error for certain 24 hour forecast accumulation,

DEBUG 3: Applying convolution threshold >=10.0 resulted in 242 simple
observation objects.

DEBUG 3: Skipping observation object area threshold.

DEBUG 3: Skipping observation object intensity percentile threshold.

DEBUG 2: Computing contingency table statistics...

DEBUG 2: Identified: 67 forecast objects and 242 observation objects.

DEBUG 2: Performing merging (THRESH) in the forecast field.

DEBUG 2: Performing merging (THRESH) in the observation field.

ERROR  :

ERROR  : FcstObsSet::add_obs(int) -> too many obs numbers!

ERROR  :

Do you know what is causing this? Is there a way to fix it?

Andrew Kren
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group
NOAA ESRL Global Systems Division (Rm 3C515)
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305
(303) 497-5418