[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82033] History for question about MET V4.1 Ensemble-Stat (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 9 11:22:13 MST 2017

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I ran with and without a masking region and compared the output. I noted
differences in the statistics given in the ascii files which were as
expected, but not in the NETCDF output of the various fields such as mean,
stdev, range, min, max. It seems that the graphics show the same area with
or without the masking region. I had a case where the forecast model output
had some strange edge effects which were confined to only the outer 2-3 grid
points along the boundaries of the domain and I wanted to see the graphics
generated without including the edge effects. Is there a way to generate the
graphics for the reduced area of the masking region?

Thanks.

R/
John

Mr John W. Raby, Meteorologist