[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82910] History for Errors when building met

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 8 14:36:43 MST 2017

When trying to build MET, I'm running into errors.
This is a RHEL6 machine.

I have done:
installed the latest versions of netcdf netcdf-devel from rpms.
export MET_NETCDF=/usr
export MET_NETCDFINC=/usr/include
export MET_NETCDFLIB=/usr/lib64

in the directory where I untared the met-6.0_bugfix.20170731.tar.gz
did
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/met
make
I get:

In file included from nc_var_info.cc:24:
nc_utils.h:23: error: ‘netCDF’ is not a namespace-name
nc_utils.h:23: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token
In file included from nc_var_info.cc:24:
nc_utils.h:66: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘NcAtt’ with no type
nc_utils.h:66: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘*’ token

This continues for about 2 pages.
Any help would be appreciated.

Steve