[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82571] History for Verification over Alaska

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:18:47 MDT 2017

I would like to create some mask files for subregions of my Alaska NCEP
grid 91.  I know the SAK.poly is bad for now and can't be used.  So I
can only use NAK.poly.  But I would like to have even smaller
subregions.  For instance, I would like to verify over Juneau,
Anchorage, etc...  Could I do something like wgrib2 my Alaska gridded
data to a Juneau grid and use that like a "FULL" domain when running
MET?  I would do something like the following:

wgrib2def="nps:225.000000:60.000000 217.500000:655:1488.281500
51.500000:855:1488.281500"
${WGRIB2} alaska.91.gb2 -set_grib_type c3 -set_bitmap 1 -new_grid_winds
grid -new_grid_interpolation bilinear -new_grid ${wgrib2def}
alaska.juneau.gb2

Or is there a simple way I could create a poly file for Juneau? I would
rather create a poly file for each subregion, so I don't have to trick
each subregion as "FULL" when running MET.

Thanks, Annette