[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79962] History for compilation error

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon May 8 10:20:24 MDT 2017

Hi MET help desk...

My name is Elelwani Phaduli from South African Weather Service, I have been using MET verification tool for the last three years. Currently I want to install the software on the CRARY computer. After installing all the dependencies, when I run the make install I get the following error.

g++: numpbmsg.o: No such file or directory
g++: openpb.o: No such file or directory
g++: closepb.o: No such file or directory
g++: readpb.o: No such file or directory
g++: dumppb.o: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [pb2nc] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/scratch/elelwani/met-5.2/src/tools/other/pb2nc'
make[3]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratch/elelwani/met-5.2/src/tools/other'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratch/elelwani/met-5.2/src/tools'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/elelwani/met-5.2/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Other executables, such as mode, asscii2nc, gridstat are created but they cannot work. When I try to use them I get an error (i.e. bin/mode: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory).
I will be very grateful if you assist in solving this problem.

Thank you..
Elelwani Phaduli