[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80850] History for Additional question on task number 80844

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 16 11:20:53 MDT 2017

John, when I create a netCDF file of a 2D data array of model data, do I need to include latitude and longitude variables.  I noticed that was what your code was doing when converting WWMCA to netCDF.  Also, I fixed my code to place a string version of the valid_time_ut field and the init_time_ut field in the netCDF variable.  However I noticed that these time fields are attributes of the main variable instead of global attributes as I included them.   Is there a template of how a netCDF file should be defined for MET to read it correctly.  I am using python netCDF4 library to create these files using a "netCDF3_CLASSIC" option.

Thanks
Bob