[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80272] History for MET 6.0 Compiling Issue

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:43:32 MDT 2017

I have troubles in compiling the MET 6.0 (met-6.0_bugfix.20170419) on macOS
Sierra. I have installed the libraries NetCDF C, NetCDF C++, Zlib, HDF5,
BUFRLIB following the online tutorial.
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv6.0/tutorial.php?name=compilation&category=req_libs

I checked every library and they all passed the tests. I can install MET
6.0 share file without executable files generated. I attached the documents
for make_test.log and config.log for your reference, as well as the code I
used to compile (GUI compiler).  The NetCDF C, NetCDF C++ are installed in
netcdf_C file.

*export CC=gcc*

*export CXX=g++*

*export F77=gfortran*

*export MET_NETCDF=/Users/yating/Desktop/MET_LIB/netcdf_C*

*export MET_HDF5=/Users/yating/Desktop/MET_LIB/hdf5 *

*export MET_BUFR=/Users/yating/Downloads/BUFRLIB_v10-2-3 *

*export MET_GSL=/Users/yating/Desktop/MET_LIB/gsl *

*./configure --prefix=/Users/yating/Desktop/MET_LIB/MET6*

I have cleaned and recompiled several times and removed and downloaded the
MET file, but it still had the same errors. I will be appreciated if you
can give me any help. Thank you for your time.

Thanks,

Yating