[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80726] History for database table removal

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 6 09:50:39 MDT 2017

I would like to drop some tables from the mysql database.  Right now I put
in every single variable into the mysql database for my database
mv_emc_g2o.   I have a giant list:  BCSVR, BCSVR2, CAPE, CEILING, CHILL,
etc, etc, etc.

Say I wanted to drop everything except for things like Z, T, DPT, U, V, and
a few others and drop everything else. I wish to do a mysqldump to save the
variables I want to drop and then drop them.  (I think a variable is a
table, right?)

Can you send me the instructions (exact commands) for the following:

1)  Save the variables I want to drop to a file using mysqldump
2)  Drop these variables from the file
3)  Modify my xml loading script so I only load the variables I want to save

I think this would help me free up a lot of space on the server.

Thanks!

Perry