[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79613] History for Fwd: Software install error, perhaps you can help?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 28 15:14:54 MST 2017

I'm trying to reinstall the MET tools and, upon executing make install,
consistently encountering the error:

In file included from nc_var_info.cc(24):
nc_var_info.h(24): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "netcdf.hh"
  #include <netcdf.hh>
                      ^

(Note that the MET install guide suggests "downloading and building [my]
own instance of ... NETCDF".  This is why, attm, I have netcdf-c-4.4.1 in
my working directory, in addition to the netcdf we have installed for
general use on my shared server, and have been intermittently overriding my
.bashrc to set the MET_NETCDF env var to this directory instead of the
latter.  Regardless of which NETCDF I use, I encounter the same error.

A colleague suggested that this may be an error related to the version of
NETCDF: that MET is not compatible with NETCDF4?  However, I see in the
installation guide that it IS compatible, as long as one were to configure
with the flag --disable-netcdf-4: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/
support/online_tutorial/METv5.2/tutorial.php?name=
compilation&category=req_libs

Thank you,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University

rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu