[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79412] History for /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrib2c

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 15 14:07:13 MST 2017

I got a error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrib2c

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could you help me to solve it?

Thanks,

Xinxia

Subject: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrib2c
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Fri Feb 10 14:52:30 2017

Xinxia,

I see that you're having trouble compiling GRIB2 support for MET.  Let
me
start with my first guess as to what may be the problem.

My guess is that you're using version 1.6.0 of the GRIB2C library from
this
website:
   http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/codes/GRIB2/

Version 1.6.0 is the most recent version of that library, but it
includes
some changes to the defaults in the makefile.  You'll likely need to
edit
two things in the makefile and recompile GRIB2C... and then recompile
MET.

(1) Open up this file for editing: g2clib-1.6.0/makefile
(2) On line 28, remove "-D__64BIT__" from CFLAGS:
      CFLAGS= -O3 -g -m64 $(INC) $(DEFS)
(3) On line 32, change the output library name to libgrib2c.a:
      LIB=libgrib2c.a

Please do let me know if these changes fix your problem.  If so, I'll
update the MET website with these instructions.

If you are still having trouble, please send me the output of your MET
build (i.e. make_install.log) and the file named config.log.  That'll
better help me diagnose where the problem might be.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Xinxia Song via RT