[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79335] History for MET MODE FSS

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 3 09:22:08 MST 2017

Can MET MODE  produce FSS, fraction skill score?

Thanks

Yongzuo

Subject: MET MODE FSS
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Thu Feb 02 16:49:54 2017

Yongzuo,

No, the MODE tool does not compute the Fractions Skill Score.
However, the
Grid-Stat tool does compute FSS.

MODE stands for the Method for Object Based Diagnostic evaluation.  It
is
used to resolve objects in the forecast and observation fields and
compare
the attributes of those objects.

Grid-Stat is the tool in MET which computes traditional grid-to-grid
statistics.  The NBRCNT (neighborhood continuous statistics line type)
contains output for the fraction skill score.

From: Yongzuo Li
Time: Thu Feb 02 18:41:12 2017

Thank you, John. I'll use grid_stat to compute FSS