[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79307] History for MET caption

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 2 17:20:49 MST 2017

I am a new MET user and need some basic help. Attached is my plot.
(1) How can I add colorbar ?
(2) How can I avoid N/A and <0.1 lines in right column?

Thanks

Yongzuo

Subject: MET caption
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Jan 31 12:16:13 2017

Yongzuo,

The PostScript output from MODE isn't very configurable.  You can
define
the colortable, plotting limits, and the background map data using the
MODE
config file, but beyond that there is little control.  The PostScript
output from MODE consists of several pages and you've sent only the
first
page.  Please make sure to look at the other pages.

All of the MODE output is written to either ASCII or NetCDF output
files.
Rather than use the PostScript output file, option would be to write a
script using the plotting language of your choice to read the ASCII
and
NetCDF output files from MODE and plot the data exactly how you'd
like.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Yongzuo Li via RT

From: Yongzuo Li
Time: Tue Jan 31 15:25:37 2017

John,

I used following configure for China and got confused/wrong map near
Shanghai, China as attached.

Thanks

Yongzuo

map_data = {
   line_color = [ 0, 0, 255 ]; // rgb triple values, 0-255
   line_width = 0.5;
   line_dash  = "";
   source = [
      { file_name = "admin_China_data"; }