[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82944] History for Display with NCview from docker container

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 28 12:56:54 MST 2017

I am running the met-6.0 tutorial, and noticed that ncview is available in the container.  However, when I try to run from the met/met-6.0

> ncview tutorial/out/tc_dland/tc_dland_indian_ocean_one_deg.nc &

I get the following error:

Note:  could not open file /root/.ncviewrc for reading
Error: Can't open display

I also get the same error with

>ncview tutorial/out/pcp_combine/sample_fcst_24L_2005080800V_12A.nc &

I have comfirmed that the data is there in both cases using ncdump.  Can you explain how to run ncview in the container and output to my Windows 7 screen?  (I am using the docker toolbox on Windows 7).

Thanks,

Suzanna
Suzanna C. Diener, Ph.D.
Sr. Scientist/Engineer