[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81669] History for Re: Point Stat Tutorial Error

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 22 13:08:40 MDT 2017

Forgot to add to previous e-mail that I am working on gye on the NCEP
WCOSS, thanks.

Subject: Re: Point Stat Tutorial Error
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Fri Aug 18 10:31:25 2017

Hi Brad,

The config file language is case-sensitive.  I'm guessing you entered
lower-case "none" where it should have been upper-case "NONE".  At
least,
that's what the error message is indicating.

If you do find an error or typo on the tutorial instructions
themselves,
please send us the URL for that page so we can fix it.

From: Brad Diehl - NOAA Federal
Time: Fri Aug 18 11:12:26 2017

Thanks for the help, that was it alright. Now that I have more info
the
error message makes sense. Thanks again.

From: Brad Diehl - NOAA Federal
Time: Fri Aug 18 12:02:03 2017

I was looking at the R scripts samples to plot the MET tutorial
results. Is
R something that has to be downloaded/installed? Completely new to me.
Maybe its already available on NCEP WCOSS, need to ask around.

Thanks, Brad Diehl

From: Brad Diehl - NOAA Federal
Time: Fri Aug 18 12:08:24 2017

the problem with the config file was resolved for [rt.rap.ucar.edu
#81669],
you can close the ticket.

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Fri Aug 18 14:59:07 2017

Julie,

Could you please log on to WCOSS to see if R and Rscript are available
on
there?

Brad is trying to run R while part of the online tutorial steps.

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Aug 18 17:16:24 2017

Hi John.  Back in April when you are Tara were out of town for the
tutorial, I looked for R, but couldn't find it.  I asked Jacob Carley
about
it (and a couple of other things) at that time and this is what he
said "
For R, I don't know of it being installed anywhere.  Sorry!".  I will
try
to log in before I leave for TN tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic based
on
my experience last time.

Julie

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Aug 22 09:34:36 2017

Julie,

OK, that's fine.  Running R is an ancillary part of the tutorial
anyway.

Wherever we mention it, let's just put a caveat "if available on your
system".

But that reminds me that I should make sure its available in the
container
version...

John

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Brad Diehl - NOAA Federal
Time: Tue Aug 22 09:55:58 2017

Forgot to tell you that R is available on one of the workstations here
at
MDL so I just need to copy the MET ouput data over there to use R.
Thanks
for your efforts.