[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81194] History for question about NetCDF radar observations (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:13:38 MDT 2017

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I have radar observations which are described in the attached output listing
generated by "ncdump".

In my MODE (V5.2) config file, I used the following setting to use the radar
data at 1000 meters AGL:

level = "(0, 1,*,*)"

The attached listing shows the specification for the corrected reflectivity
variable (CZ) as:

float CZ(time, z0, y0, x0)

Based on this info I assume that my config file setting was as follows:

Time=0, z0=1, y0 and x0 are wildcard with * so that the data for all grid
points will be processed.

Will the z0 setting I used request the 1000 meter data or the data at the
first level which is 0 meters AGL?

Thanks.

R/
John