[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80051] History for NETcdf Obs File

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 6 11:13:23 MDT 2017

John, or Julie

I am having trouble reading a NETcdf file in point stat.   Attached in my
configuration file.  I get the following error when I run point stat:

DEBUG 1: Default Config File:
/h/WXQC/met-5.2/share/met/config/PointStatConfig_default
DEBUG 1: User Config File:
/h/WXQC/met-5.2/data/config/PointStatConfig_single_updated
DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new
Met2dDataFile object of type "FileType_Gb2".
DEBUG 3: Switching the GRIB2 radius of the earth value of 6371.23 km to
6371.2 km for internal consistency.
DEBUG 4:
DEBUG 4: Latitude/Longitude Grid Data:
DEBUG 4:      lat_ll: -89.9219
DEBUG 4:      lon_ll: -0.117187
DEBUG 4:   delta_lat: 0.15625
DEBUG 4:   delta_lon: 0.234375
DEBUG 4:        Nlat: 1152
DEBUG 4:        Nlon: 1536
DEBUG 4:
DEBUG 4: VarInfoFactory::new_var_info() -> created new VarInfo object of
type "FileType_Gb2".
DEBUG 4: parse_conf_sid_exc() -> Station ID exclusion list contains 0
entries.
ERROR  :
ERROR  : VarInfo::set_level_info_grib() - failed to parse level string
'(3,5)'

I am not sure what I should have in the level field in this case.   Looking
in the NETcdf header, I see there are several dimensions listed :

dimensions:
	mxstr = 40 ;
	hdr_arr_len = 3 ;
	obs_arr_len = 5 ;
	nhdr = 7345 ;
	nobs = UNLIMITED ; // (7345 currently)

Which ones should I be using?

The NETcdf file I am reading in on the FTP server.

Thanks
Bob Craig