[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77971] History for Question about installing MET MODE graphics tool

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 19 10:13:13 MDT 2016

Dear Met Help:

I am trying to install MET in my home directory, and I am going through the installation instructions. The installation/README documentation says:

   - When running MODE Graphics, set $MET_FONT_DIR to the directory containing
     font data required at runtime.  A link to the tarball containing this font
     data can be found on the MET website.

Where can I find this tarball on the MET website? It does not seem to be on the MET download page.

Also according to the instructions, MET won't work with Netcdf4, the default netcdf and its libraries installed here are netcdf4, I do have a self-installed netcdf3.6.3 in my home directory. I guess pointing to that version 3 will be fine, isn't it (I haven't tried installing yet, because the font problem I mentioned above)?

Thank you
Steven

Steven C Chan, Visiting Scientist from Newcastle University
Met Office Hadley Centre  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 886153
Email: steven.chan at metoffice.gov.uk  Website: www.metoffice.gov.uk