[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77890] History for Ingesting wrfout netcdf in ensemble_stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 14 09:57:11 MDT 2016

I’m using met V5.1 from the /ral directory on yellowstone with the bug patches.

I’m attempting to use Ensemble_stat on wrfouts, as I understand it can now ingest gridded data in netcdf format, but i get an error with reading the file. I’ve tried with and without the .nc extension. I couldn’t find anything in the archived emails, but i’m guessing this is a simple fix or it simply can’t handle the netcdf version of the raw wrfouts?

Thanks,
Brock

+ bin/ensemble_stat ens_file_list EnsembleStatConfig_TTU_RAOB_D1 -point_obs prepbufr.gdas.20150506.00z_raob.nc -outdir ./ -v 2
DEBUG 1: Default Config File: /glade/p/ral/jnt/MET/MET_releases/met-5.1/share/met/config/EnsembleStatConfig_default
DEBUG 1: User Config File: EnsembleStatConfig_TTU_RAOB_D1
ERROR  :
ERROR  : process_command_line() -> Trouble reading ensemble file "/glade/scratch/brockb/output/2015050600/DART/advance_temp1/D1/wrfout_d01_2015-05-06_00:00:00.nc"
ERROR  :

Brock Burghardt
Atmospheric Science PhD Candidate
Dept. of Geosciences