[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77843] History for MET Tools help

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 14 09:58:38 MDT 2016

Hello Met Help,

I am trying to compare Stage iv precipitation with HWRF ACPC dataset. I ran
pcp_combine to get the accumulated precip for a 24 hr period and ran
grid_stat to compare HWRF output with Stage 4 precipitation dataset.

I have a bunch of statistics file and trying to plot the data with the R
script (on the DTC website) - "plot_mpr.R". This is the command that I used
and I get an error using this.

---------

[/glade/scratch/subram/Precip/grid_stat]% Rscript plot_mpr.R
grid_stat_120000L_20150616_120000V.stat

[1] "Reading: grid_stat_120000L_20150616_120000V.stat"

Error in read.table(tmp_file, header = FALSE) :

  no lines available in input

[1] "Found: 0 MPR lines"

Error in `colnames<-`(`*tmp*`, value = c("VERSION", "MODEL", "FCST_LEAD",  :

  attempt to set colnames on object with less than two dimensions

Execution halted

----------------

All my data is in Yellowstone (/glade/scratch/subram/Precip/grid_stat).
MET_TOOL executables are in /glade/scratch/subram/MET/met-5.2/bin

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Regards

Subashini

--

Subashini Subramanian

Graduate Student

Dept. of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences

Purdue University

Ph: (765)337-1027