[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76891] History for observation count?

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 2 10:53:14 MDT 2016

I have a question. I am running the ascii2nc tool, and was wondering if there is an amount of observations limit? For some reason it seems as though once I get above ~85000 obs, the system takes an extremely long time. For example, below that it takes less than 5 seconds to create the netcdf file, once I exceed that amount of observations it suddenly take 5 minutes or longer. The same goes for using the point_stat tool.

V/R,

STEVEN D. BLIUJUS, GS-07, DAFC
16 WS/WXE
DSN: 272-7151