[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77780] History for Upgrade MET from Version 5.1 to 5.2

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 2 10:52:04 MDT 2016

I am a Linux SA at NOAA NCEP. The EMC section wants to upgrade to version
5.2. Are there differences in the libraries between these 2 version?

Best regards

Terence Tomes
Linux Systems Engineer
NCEP Central Operations
(301) 683-3855

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77780] Upgrade MET from Version 5.1 to 5.2
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Sep 02 10:34:28 2016

Hi Terence.  There are no differences in the external library
dependencies between MET versions 5.1 and 5.2.  There will be
differences between 5.2 and our next 6.0 release, however.

Just a heads up that early next week we will be releasing our first
set of patches for MET version 5.2, which will include an update of
the MODE logic that your users may be interested in, so you may want
to hold off on the upgrade until then.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

Thank you for the update. I will wait until next week.
Have a nice holiday weekend.

Best regards
Terry

Terence Tomes
Linux Systems Engineer
NCEP Central Operations
(301) 683-3855

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Sep 02 10:52:00 2016

Thank you,  I hope you will have a nice holiday weekend as well.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399