[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77761] History for Metviewer: problem with GSS

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 2 10:01:11 MDT 2016

Hello.  A problem (at EMC Metviewer server)  I can't figure out. See
attached xml - a sample simple setup to plot NAM/GFS scores for 1 Jul
2016 - I used it to plot FAR/CSI/FBIAS, all seemed fine and matches what
FVS produces.  But when I tried to plot GSS, it would only produce the
score for NAM ("R data" also shows a list of data only for NAM).  If the
"Y1 Series Variables" MODEL is set to a single model (GFS, or NAM), then
it does produce the correct GSS score for that model.  I tried several
different days and got the similar results.  I'm out of ideas, hope you
can help. Thanks!

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Mesoscale Modeling Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov

Your problem with not be able to plot multiple model series with
calculated statistics is fixed.
The problem was in the MySQL functions implementation.
I tested METViewer with the configuration you sent us with FAR, GSS,
and FBIAS stats and got both lines on the plot.

Tatiana

On Wed Aug 31 14:51:14 2016, ying.lin at noaa.gov wrote:
> Hello.  A problem (at EMC Metviewer server)  I can't figure out. See
> attached xml - a sample simple setup to plot NAM/GFS scores for 1
Jul
> 2016 - I used it to plot FAR/CSI/FBIAS, all seemed fine and matches
what
> FVS produces.  But when I tried to plot GSS, it would only produce
the
> score for NAM ("R data" also shows a list of data only for NAM).  If
the
> "Y1 Series Variables" MODEL is set to a single model (GFS, or NAM),
then
> it does produce the correct GSS score for that model.  I tried
several
> different days and got the similar results.  I'm out of ideas, hope
you
> can help. Thanks!
>
> Ying

     Just tried it again - multiple-model GSS works here now and
matches
the FVS plot from the same dataset.  Thank you very much for fixing
the
MySQL function quickly.

Ying

Ying.Lin at noaa.gov