[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78565] History for about the choice of the to_grid

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 2 10:24:35 MDT 2016

Dear Mr. or Mrs.,

Thanks a lot in advance for your help on my problem.
In MET grid verification,  in my understanding,
both the fcst and obs would be regrided to a common grid , by to_grid
option,
for the verification.
What is the theoretically "best" choice for the common grid.
Should the original obs grids be used as the "common" grid and
the fcst should be regridded on it?
Your clarifications are appreciated.
Best Regards,
Ting