[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76312] History for TC MET duration

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 13 11:29:55 MDT 2016

Hi ,
Is there a way to calculate storm duration inside TC MET?

I trying to use MET-TC to calculate the correlation between storm duration
and maximum intensity...

I can get the max intensity with tc_stat.  Plus I can get the min and max
of VALID.

The hard part is subtracting the min from the max VALID.

My plan is to parse the min and max VALID times, convert them to dates and
subtract them, but this must be done outside TC MET.