[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75417] History for Error while compiling met-5.1

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 8 09:29:59 MST 2016

I have trouble of compiling met-5.1, on fedora 23 laptop. The log files are
attached. Kindly advise.

EB

Subject: Error while compiling met-5.1
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Mon Mar 07 15:15:39 2016

Hello. I'm glad to hear that you decided to download and install
METv5.1,
however I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty.

With a recent switch to a new operating system, we encountered some
problems with flex and bison.  We do not have a good solution to the
problem yet, however, we have a temporary workaround, which I hope
will
work for you.

I'd like to have you start over with your build and installation.
Please
proceed in the following way:

- unpack the met-5.1 tarball.
- apply the met-5.1 patches.
- update the Makefiles with the ones that are attached here (in the
way I
describe below).
- run configure.
- run make install.

I have attached two files which I modified:

vx_color.Makefile.in <http://vx_color.makefile.in/>
vx_config.Makefile.in <http://vx_config.makefile.in/>

Please take vx_color.Makefile.in <http://vx_color.makefile.in/>,
rename it
to Makefile.in and place it in your src/libcode/vx_color/ directory,
replacing the existing Makefile.in file.

Please take vx_config.Makefile.in <http://vx_config.makefile.in/>,
rename
it to Makefile.in and place it in your  src/basic/vx_config/
directory,
replacing the existing Makefile.in file.

Please give that a try and let me know how it works out for you.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Endalkachew Biratu via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

From: Endalkachew Biratu
Time: Mon Mar 07 15:52:58 2016

Thank you so much. The previous problem is resolved now. But
, there seems to be another problem now as in the attached log files.
Thanks,
EB

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Mar 08 08:51:55 2016

I'm glad the previous problem is resolved.  For the current problem,
please
try setting the environment variable MET_GSL to /home/endbek/MET/gsl.
So,
for example:

setenv MET_GSL /home/endbek/MET/gsl

and then unset MET_GSL_INC and MET_GSL_LIB:

unsetenv MET_GSL_INC
unsetenv MET_GSL_LIB

then run configure again and compile again.

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Endalkachew Biratu via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu

<met_help at ucar.edu

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

From: Endalkachew Biratu
Time: Tue Mar 08 09:04:51 2016

Thank you so much Julie! It works perfectly. You can close the ticket
now.

Best regards,

EB

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Mar 08 09:28:11 2016

Great!  I'm so glad it worked out. Thank you for letting us know.

Julie

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Endalkachew Biratu via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399