[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77118] History for compiling METv5.1 - issue linking gsl

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:44:44 MDT 2016

Dear Met Help,

I am trying to compile METv5.1 on a new Linux system ( 2.6.32-573.7.1.el6.x86_64 GNU/Linux).  I have disabled all options except mode and mode_analysis.  From what I can tell, make install runs without error (I attached the make.log file), but the GSL library is never correctly linked in, and so the mode and mode_analysis executables fail with the following error:

./mode_analysis: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

GSL is correctly installed, the libraries in question are on the system, and MET_GSLLIB and MET_GSLINC are defined variables before running configure.  When I look at the make.log file, the libraries appear to be linked in correctly.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Becky Adams-Selin, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist II
Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc.

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.