[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76977] History for MET installing Error

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:07:19 MDT 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am trying to compile METv5.1 using the GNU compilers (v4.8.5). I followed the installation manual and try it several times, but in all cases I got the following error:
#-------------------------------------------------
ake[4]: Entering directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_util'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[4]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_util'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_util'
Making install in vx_config
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'config.tab.yy', needed by 'config.tab.cc'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
Makefile:349: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src/basic'
Makefile:351: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/aliabbasi/WRF/MET/met-5.1/src'
Makefile:408: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
#--------------------------------------
After spending a few hours to find the solution, I could find your solution in the following e-mail threads:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/met_help/2016-March/002544.html
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/met_help/2016-February/002507.html

In the mentioned solution, there are some links to files that I couldn't download them. I'd like to be sure about the following issues:
1- Is the error the same as the mentioned ones (the above links)?
2-How can I access to the additional files to be able to compile MET successfully?

Thanks a lot in advance for your great help.

Kind regards,
Ali Abbasi
Ali Abbasi
Water Management