[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74927] History for compile problems with GNU

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 1 15:51:07 MST 2016

I am trying to compile METv5.1 using the GNU compilers (v4.8.3). I have
been unsuccessful and am getting the following error:

Making install in vx_config
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ec2-user/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `config.tab.yy', needed by `
config.tab.cc'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ec2-user/MET/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

The curious thing is that I was able to successfully compile the program on
a different Linux machine using version 4.4.7 of the GNU compilers. I have
attached the compile log file. Any help is appreciated!

Leela