[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76724] History for Latest Statanal Issue

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 7 10:34:15 MDT 2016

Hi John, been on vacation hence the relative quiet.  I took your recommendations and now have my persistence data stored in the climo field in the MPR files and I am correctly setting the nbrsize.  When I build the PCT files using the following command line options - ['/h/WXQC/met-5.1/bin/stat_analysis', '-lookin', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/mdlob_pairs', '-out_stat', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/ens_cont_tbl/GALWEM_APCP_12hr_25_9_PCT_0Z_pct.stat', '-config', '/h/WXQC/met-5.1/data/config/STATAnalysisConfig_hira_bs_updated', '-out_fcst_thresh ge0,ge0.1,ge0.2,ge0.3,ge0.4,ge0.5,ge0.6,ge0.7,ge0.8,ge0.9,ge1.0', '-out_obs_thresh ge1', '-by FCST_VAR', '-by FCST_THRESH', '-v', '6'],  and the configuration file I stored on the FTP site, I get the contingency table data but with the FCST_THRESH column being blank.   When I run statanal again to create the PSTD file using the following command line options - ['/h/WXQC/met-5.1/bin/stat_analysis', '-lookin', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data!
 /met/ens_cont_tbl', '-out', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/summary/GALWEM_APCP_12hr_50_9_PSTD_0Z', '-job aggregate_stat', '-line_type PCT', '-out_line_type PSTD', '-by FCST_VAR', '-by FCST_THRESH', '-v', '6'],  it reads all the files in the enc_cont_tbl and gives me one set of numbers where it combined data from the three thresolds.

So, as a work around, I run Statanal with the stat file names in ens_cont_tbl wildcarded to point to the proper threshold files using the following command line options - ['/h/WXQC/met-5.1/bin/stat_analysis', '-lookin', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/ens_cont_tbl/GALWEM*_50_9_*.stat', '-out', '/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/summary/GALWEM_APCP_12hr_50_9_PSTD_0Z', '-job aggregate_stat', '-line_type PCT', '-out_line_type PSTD', '-by FCST_VAR', '-by FCST_THRESH', '-v', '6'], I get the following error:

DEBUG 1: Creating STAT-Analysis output file "/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/summary/GALWEM_APCP_12hr_50_9_PSTD_0Z"

DEBUG 4: Amending default job with command line options: "-job aggregate_stat -line_type PCT -out_line_type PSTD -by FCST_VAR -by FCST_THRESH"

WARNING:

WARNING: get_filenames() -> can't stat "/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/ens_cont_tbl/GALWEM*_50_9_*.stat"

WARNING:

ERROR  :

ERROR  : process_search_dirs() -> no STAT files found in the directories specified!

ERROR  :

ERROR  :

ERROR  : main() -> encountered an error value of 1.  Calling clean_up() and usage() before exiting.

I would prefer that the FCST_THRESH would appear in the PCT file so I can use the -by FCST_THRESH in the building of the PSTD file but can use the wildcarded names if you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

ALSO, even though I am including a climo value in the MPR file, the Brier Skill Score is coming up NA.  Why is this?

I placed the datafiles on the FTP site as well.

Thanks

Bob