[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75154] History for FW: matched pairs in point_stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:47:44 MST 2016

I am using point_stat to create statistics comparing MADIS data to model output. I have 2 questions:

1)      The regrid option is available in the PointStatConfig file. Does point_stat ever use that information to regrid the point observations? I entered values, but there was nothing in the output that indicated that point_stat actually regridded any observations.

2)      Does point_stat create matched pairs based on the observation locations? I am comparing model output from 2 different grids with differing horizontal grid spacing to MADIS data. I ultimately want to compare model output at each observation point. I used a CONUS masking polyline to ensure that the statistics used only observations within the CONUS region. However, some observation points are included in one matching pair file and not the other (even though the observation point falls within the CONUS masking polyline and within the model domain).

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Leela Watson

Leela R. Watson, PhD
Meteorologist
(321) 866-0229
1980 N. Atlantic Ave., Suite 830
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
www.ensco.com<http://www.ensco.com/>

[cid:image001.gif at 01D16A3F.82DA8D20]
Innovation. Collaboration. Solutions. Success.

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email at the above referenced address and note that any further dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and their regulations -- including the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from this email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.