[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79007] History for Reliability Event Histograms for Reliability Diagram

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 21 07:35:02 MST 2016

When I construct reliability diagrams for probabilistic forecasts of QPF
using the NCEP instance of METViewer, the reliability event histogram now
appears in the background, which is great.  However, I would either like to
leave off the lowest thresh_i (the non-events) or adjust the Y2 axis limits
because the bars for the smallest thresh_i are much larger than the other
bars.  I tried both of these options but couldn't seem to find an easy way
to do this.

I've attached an example plot I made using my mv_met_probexp database.

Thanks,
Ben Blake

The current version (1.10) of METViewer does not support functionality
you described.
But we are planning to include  Y2 limits scaling for Reliability and
Ens_SS plots to the next version.

Tatiana

From: Benjamin Blake - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Wed Dec 21 05:35:02 2016

Hi Tatiana,

Ok sounds great, thank you!

Ben

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Tatiana Burek via RT