[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77391] History for Problems - (cont)

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 12 10:05:38 MDT 2016

I have a question related to problem mentioned yesterday.  I have Stat files with MPR lines that I am running stat analysis against.   I want stat analysis to apply a vxmask region to the data.  In the MPR lines that statanalysis is reading, the vxmask field is currently set to "Full".  When I run statanal with vxmask set to DST ( my region of interest), it doesn't find any matching lines.  If I run statanal with vxmask set to "Full", it finds the lines.  So vxmask seems to be acting has a filter in statanal instead of a directive to pair down the MPR lines to just the lat lons that fall with in my area of interest.   If I leave the vxmask column blank in the MPR lines, then set the vxmask field to DST in stat analysis, will the software find my MPR lines and properly pair them down to the lat lons that fall within my DST area?

thanks