[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #70294] History for nam rainfall forecast

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 15 10:08:51 MST 2015

Dear MET help,

I want to produce NAM rainfall forecast skill score with MET (comparing with stage IV observation).
Is there a way of doing so?
NAM data are downloaded from here:
ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/nam/prod/
They are in GRIB format, however, in order to get their three hourly rainfall, we need an additional post processing step.
Do you know if there are any softwares that we can use to preprocess NAM for MET?

Thanks,
Di