[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71510] History for Integer number after LINE_TYPE

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:30:54 MDT 2015

I’m processing the output .stat files produced by MET ENSEMBLE_STAT to do some statistics where I can add in my own observation error variances, however upon writing some MATLAB code to read in the files, i’m having this issue where there is a integer after the LINE_TYPE (here i’m showing METAR ORANK) that is either 3 or 4 digits, which affects the reading of other data after (I can’t determine why it is either 3 or 4 digits). I have tried to make some adjustments for the text reader but I can’t seem to find any explanation on what this integer numbers is from the README or online. Below are snips out of two hourly files, other hourly files each have different integers (1075 and 635). Do you happen to know what this integer is and any way to force it to remain the same number of digits each time I run ensemble stat?:

$VX_MASK INTERP_MTHD INTERP_PNTS FCST_THRESH OBS_THRESH COV_THRESH ALPHA LINE_TYPE
$FULL    UW_MEAN               1          NA         NA         NA    NA ORANK     1075

$VX_MASK INTERP_MTHD INTERP_PNTS FCST_THRESH OBS_THRESH COV_THRESH ALPHA LINE_TYPE
$FULL    UW_MEAN               1          NA         NA         NA    NA ORANK     635

Thank you,

Brock