[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71239] History for ascii2nc issue

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 13 14:09:09 MDT 2015

I am trying to process data with ascii2nc and am running to the following problem.
The original input contains measurements with station codes that are alphanumeric e.g. A3138. I thought I can make ascii2nc work if I convert
letters to numbers (e.g. A-> 9) but that does not work. I don’t want to eliminate the measurements for alphanumeric stations.
The MET version I have has been patched and if possible would like avoid upgrading.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Mariusz

Model Evaluation Tools METv4.0 (June 25, 2012)

DEBUG 1: Creating NetCDF Observation file: wgn_sfc.nc
DEBUG 1: Reading ASCII Observation file: wgn_sfc.txt
DEBUG 2: Processing 4093 observations.
ERROR  :
ERROR  : timestring_to_sec(const char *) -> can't parse time string "963.9"
ERROR  :