[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71341] History for Meeting to discuss use of MET for my group

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 13 13:32:55 MDT 2015

John or Julie,

I'm writing because I would like to discuss how my group specifically could
use MET in our process of forecast verification. I have taken the tutorial
at NCAR but would like to have a more in depth discussion with someone at
MET since I think this would be the easiest way to approach my problem with
nailing down how exactly I can use MET. Basically I would come with the
'problem' and if someone at MET could help me see how MET could find some
of the 'solutions' that would be great. Interested in the continuous
statistics at this point but open to more.

I'm also interested is using MET-TC to track extratropical cyclones. In the
tutorial, one of the presenters said this has been done with the MET-TC
package. I would like to discuss how that would work and the outputs.

As usual, the sooner I can meet with someone at MET the better.

Thanks,
Tanya Peevey

--
Tanya R. Peevey, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group