[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69030] History for ASCII2NC Problem

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 22 09:18:56 MDT 2014

First, I'm using MET v4.1 (I know I should upgrade, but I can't download 5.0 for some reason; AFWA has chosen to block it).

I am trying to run ASCII2NC but I'm having a problem with getting it to work right.

I have a text file with the required 11 columns of data, one observation per line, as directed in the User Manual.

For some reason, no matter how many records I have in the ASCII file, the converted NetCDF file contains only one lat/lon header record, the first one in the ASCII file, but all of the observation records (1820 in this case).

I have attached the input ASCII text and output NetCDF file... I'm curious if you can replicate the problem or, when you run it, you get the same output.

I don't see any place where I explicitly define the header size, but I assumed it would be the same as the observation count.

Thanks,
Matt

// SIGNED //
Matthew C. Sittel