[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #68684] History for Problem with pcp_combine

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 3 12:26:41 MDT 2014

 I am a new user with MET4.1. Although, daily 3 hourly files were
available, I was trying to compare 24h total fields between two models
(same resolution, different formats). I was using pcp_combine (Tutorial
example ran fine) with the first model (which is in netcdf) and shows :

NetCDF: Attribute not found

 My "test" .sh file looks like :

#!/bin/sh

    bin/pcp_combine \
    20140717_000000 3 20140718_000000 24 \
    tutorial/out/pcp_combine/sample_fcst_24L_2014071700V_24A.nc \
    -pcpdir data/sample_fcst/2014071700

 The .nc files I tried to open, opens fine with NCL. Not sure, why I can't
open with MET. I have attached a single netcdf file along with this email.

 Similarly, for the GRIB2 file as well, I could not create 24h single file.
It shows :

 MetGrib2DataFile::data_plane() - unexpected PDS template number (48)

 However, wgrib2 of the data file shows :

 wgrib2 aod.2014071700
1:0:d=2014071600:AOTK:entire atmosphere:24 hour fcst:chemical=Total
Aerosol:aerosol_size <2e-05:aerosol_wavelength 5.45e-07-5.65e-07

 Also attached grib file as well.

 I am not sure, what is going wrong. Any help.

 Thanks.
 Partha