[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #65423] History for Problem with MET V4.1 User's Guide

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:04:12 MST 2014

I am running MET V4.1 Point-Stat and the V4.1 User's Guide (p.4-12) shows the following to specify the FULL grid area for the verification masking region:

mask = {
   grid = [ "FULL" ];
   poly = [];
   sid  = "";
};

When I run Point-Stat using this setting, it verifies over the region "FULL" but also attempts to verify over a second region "NA".

I looked at the default configuration file in the data/config/ directory and found that the setting is different:

mask = {
   grid = [ "FULL" ];
   poly = [];
   sid  = [];
};

I reran Poiint-Stat using this setting and it no longer attempts to verify over region "NA".

Recommend change to the setting shown on p. 4-12 of the User's Guide to replicate that shown in the default config file.

R/
John

Mr John W. Raby, Meteorologist

U.S. Army Research Laboratory