[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #65179] History for Compiling METv4.1

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:03:52 MST 2014

I am trying to install the newest version of METv4.1.

Our system uses pgi compiliers. I have included my usr_defs.mk file as well as a make.log file.

We use netcdf 3.6.3

I have verified that all the paths in the usr_defs.mk are correct. When I set the enable flags to 0, I get a successful compile. But when I try to compile any of the MET tools, in the log file  after the successful make of the vx_tc_util library I get a string of undefined references and finally these error messages:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [ensemble_stat] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2